Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Moral of the Story is: Mom's in Charge

So Saturday is our day to clean. I don't really clean on my own too much, I almost always have the kids participate, since it's usually their messes I'm asking them to clean. Since there's no school on Sat. we clean that day. We clean every week but somehow they think if they complain enough they will get out of it. hahaha jokes on them.

The boys room has stayed fairly clean this week, just some lego's on the floor to pick up so we can vacuum, a 10 minute job at MOST! The girls room however is a disaster!!! I can't even begin to explain. Anyway I took the girls in their room and told them I would help. We get 3/4 of the way through and I look under the bed...

O. M. Gosh!!!!!!!

They found the candy!!

There were SOOOOOO many wrappers under the bed it was RIDICULUS! So naturally I told them they needed to retrieve them. This is where Jamie decides that she IS NOT going to clean it up. So since I can't get under the bed (her body barely fits under it), I explain to her that between the two of them (Abby and Jamie) they are going to have to fix it. Oh dear me, she was not having it at all. So I told her the consequences, and even though she didn't like them, she still wouldn't do it. So I grabbed the three toy boxes that they have in their room (under the bed) and took them out, closed the door and put them in the attic. Somehow Jamie's favorite doll got put on top of the pile but all she did was cry about her baby. Still no action. Freaking out Abby goes under the bed and cleans it...almost.

When I go back into the room I ask if it is clean under the bed,the reply was yes. So I checked. Sure enough it was not done. So I asked where the doll clothes were telling them that they were going to be going in the attic next.

Abby was silent.
Jamie's little voice says, "we hid them on Abby's bed"
Abby exclaims "Jamie!!!"
it's hard not to laugh.

I litterally pick Jamie up and push her under the bed. Then I have to bride her. I tell her that every piece of trash she picks up I will buy a banana...I will be buying 15 bananas later. There was really more trash than that but she picked up 15 handfulls.

The girls still have plenty of toys to play with but for the next 3 weeks their 3 toy boxes are in the attic, and I told them that every week I checking under the bed and if anything is under there the 3 weeks starts over.

As a side note the boys still do not have their room clean and I have had to take away ALL Yu-Gi-Oh cards, since that's what they were doing the whole time the girls and I were cleaning and fighting....what a lovely morning.

The good news is it can really only get better from here on out.

Happy Saturday!

P.S. I really hate not having any pictures but the cord died for my computer AGAIN (the 3rd cord) and James hasn't ordered a new one so it's been a week with my computer down, thus no pics. :(

2 comments:

Yvonne Hansen said...

ha ha! So funny! Did you notice the girls were hippper from the candy? thats too funny!

Emily said...

Were we really that terrible when we were asked to clean. Seriously, they wouldn't loose their toys and they would have so much more time to play!