I should totally be getting the kids ready but my conversation with Abby made me have to sit down and post this before I forget how ridiculous it is sometimes...
This is an actual conversation that just happened. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent.
6:30am- I find Abby watching tv when she knows she's supposed to be getting dressed (ironically I was trying to give her a little extra sleep this morning).
Me: Abby what are you doing watching tv? You need to go take a shower and get dressed right now!
Abby: (in total shock exclaims) WHAT!!!! I took a shower yesterday!!!
Me: if you don't want to get your hair wet then just put it up and wash your body.
Abby:We only had a walking recess yesterday, I didn't get dirty at all!
Me: whatever Abby just get dressed then, if you smell your friends will not want to hang out with you.
Abby goes upstairs
Two minutes later. Abby walks down the stairs.
Abby: My stomach hurts...
Me: Abby your going to school. I have to take Poppa to the dr. and will be gone almost the whole time you're at school, so you might as well go even with a stomach ache.
Abby: Are you going to pick me up or do I get to go to someone's house?
Me: I'll be back to pick you up.
Abby: My stomach really hurts I don't think I can go.
Me: You're going
Abby: Well if I throw up I can't go
Me: Don't throw up! Just go get dressed!
Three minutes later she is picking out a polka dot bra to wear and when I tell her she can't wear a white shirt with it she tells me she'll just put a tank top over it so she can wear a white shirt.
It wouldn't be so bad if this was the only kid I had to get ready but remember folks I have 5 more I have to get ready JUST LIKE her!!!!!
What a morning and it's only 6:43am
No comments:
Post a Comment