Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome February

This is a picture of me and my dear friend Mandy. She and her family came to Disneyland for vacation and we got to see each other after 14 years, it was a wonderful visit.


I had such a good resolve to blog more and then...my cord to the computer died. We have had this laptop for 4 years and this is the 4th cord we have had to buy. I told James to buy two this time, but he didn't! So alas I have a computer again.





While I didn't have a computer, (I could have used James, but every time I wanted to use it he was using it for Seminary and how can you tear it away from him when he's doing that.) I still had my ipod touch which I use to go on facebook and check my e-mail and whatever, so I haven't been totally out of the loop, that's probably why I didn't bug him enough to buy one so I could have a computer again.





Anyway, my sister gave me an itunes gift card for Christmas. I downloaded a bunch of stuff for the kids, and some songs and apps for me, but I still have a good chunk of money left on it, so I have been looking for some inspiring music, etc to purchace. While doing so I came across a Mormon Mom pod cast. I have never listened to pod casts before. I actually downloaded a couple months ago, listened for a few minutes and forgot about them. So I have started listening to this pod cast, which is totally old (March of 2006), AND they don't even air/record them anymore. But I am TOTALLY enjoying them! Every once in a while they remind me of this SNL skit I saw with one of the Baldwin's which was hilarious. They are really making me think. I want this year to be one where I really come closer to Christ and work on helping my family come closer to Christ as well. Doing this is hard sometimes, but these ladies are oddly helping me figure out how I'm going to go about doing this. Not neccesarily by what they are saying but what they are making me think about if that makes any sense.





As all this is going on I feel like I am having a physical crisis. I need to loose weight so bad it is almost all consuming. I wish I could afford for someone to come and give me the food, and in portions while making food for my family as well. (Hey my theory is if you're gonna have a dream you might as well dream big). But since that's not happening ANY time soon, I MUST do it MYSELF. Ugh!





So James as been getting home a little earlier these days, and I decided I would walk in the evenings when he is home after dinner. So off I went with my mormon mom cast to listen to. It not only made the time fly by, but I was truly inspired. There was a woman that said that she gets up an hour before anyone in the house and she does





4 things:





prays,


reads her scriptures,


journals,


and exercises.





For those of you who are not of the Mormon faith, these are the things they tell us (like every week...since we were kids) we should do to gain a close relationship with our Heavenly Father. This is not new information. My struggle with this is that I'm not a morning person, and if (when) I get up early, my kids always seem to get up too, so this quiet time is just, gone. It's a little depressing for me, because I'm a person who likes to do these things at night after the kids are in bed. I'm a night owl, and I'm embracing it. But I have felt guilty about it, because I feel like I should be a morning person, but it struck me, I'M NOT! I have been trying to be a morning person for years, I set my alarm so I can get up early to do these things, but I just press snooze because I'm too tired...even if I go to sleep early, I just really have a hard time getting up, but staying up late I have no problem with. So the point of this post is that I am now embracing my inner night owl, I will do these things at night, and not feel the least bit of guilt. Because it really just matters that they are getting done, not what time of day they happen.





Well now that, that's out, I'm tired.

1 comment:

Cori said...

I'm the same way--total night owl. I tried to become a morning person all the years I worked but it just never happened. And you're completely right--it doesn't matter when you do stuff, just that you do it!