Friday, February 4, 2011



Alright I will preface this story with, it is currenty 54 degrees and there should be a high of 67 degrees today.

Jamie has been difficult to get dressed lately, she does not want to wear anything but leggings (short leggings at that) and t-shirts. It's a good thing we live in California and it's been warm. We have however, gone to the store and had to find the heaters because she is so cold, but that's a different story.

Jamie has her own sense of style that isn't always appropriate with where we are going or the weather. This morning she put on pink short leggings and a purple t-shirt. While it looks cute, we have the heater on, I told her we are going to the park today so she needed to put on long pants and either a long sleeved shirt or she'll be wearing a sweater today. She didn't change. So she stayed at home with Poppa while I dropped the little kids off at school. I came home and I got new clothes for her to wear Pink corduroy pants and a purple sweater, so she only had to change the pants. I put them on the table and started the laundry. Our laundry is in the garage and you have to walk through our patio to get to it. So I was in the garage and she comes outside in her shorts and a t-shirt and says, Oh it's cold out here! I told her, I know we need to change your clothes. Her reply was a surprise, no she said, I don't want to change! When I came in I told her it didn't really matter if she wanted to change or not, she wasn't going to the park unless she did. So while I was unloading the dishwasher to my surprise she started changing...

She put on the pants, with a little assistance and walked around the living room and deemed them unwearable. So she took them off, and here is where the real fun started. She went back and grabbed the shorts and told me she was just wearing them. So this is where I got to wheel and deal. I told her she would be wearing pants to the park and if she put them on we could take goldfish, but if I had to put them on her she would not be takin the goldfish. So she went upstairs and came down with some jeans, put them on walked around and these were not wearable either. (the interesting side note here is that both pairs of pants were actually a little small, so I didn't feel bad that she wanted to change, because I can just take the pants to the park and give them to someone who will use them, so look out Jeanine and Yvonne). So she went up for a third pair. She came down excited that the next pair of jeans had a belt on them. We put them on and she decided that they didn't work either. At this point I told her it was these or no goldfish she had changed enough. So she's wearing the jeans, and I'm trying to take her mind off of it. I bet the sweater won't stay on long at the park, but oh well she'll be running around right?

this picture is from Disneyland on Wednesday can you tell what ride we were on?, John is making funny faces now when we try to take pictures of him, he is so funny, but not very photogenic.

No comments: