Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Yes I admit it, I am one of the crazy ones that went out shopping this morning at the unholy hour of 5:30am. I try to go every year to the JoAnn's sale to get flannel. In years past it has been $1.00 a yard for flannel, I usually try to stock up on flannel for the whole year in addition to purchasing enough flannel for pajama pants for the kids. So I usually buy a whole bunch of flannel. This year I was sad to find out that said flannel was $1.49 a yard. And the extra 20% off of your purchase didn't apply to the flannel. :( So I decided I just would not get as much of it. I made a plan and was determined to stick to it. I got there and I stood in line for the doors to open and went in got MOST of my fabric and got a numer... Number 91!!! That wouldn't have been so bad but they were cutting number 21!!!!!!! Holy Crap. I was behind by 70 people. After an hour of waiting they had only gone through 10 people! My phone was dying, I had James car, he had to get to work. It was all a bad combination. The funny thing about crafters is that they are usually pretty nice. One lady heard me talking to James on the phone and she gave me her number... number 59. I was suddenly moving up in the world. Then another lady gave me number 43. How this many people had this many numbers was beyond me, but I was greatful. So I stood in line for 3 hours and got my fabric cut. By the time it was all cut and I had paid I had spent 4 hours at JoAnns!! It was totally crazy, but it is the only time of the year I will ever do something like that. Maybe one day I will take Abby and Jamie to the fabric store shopping for their little ones! Ha! That is so far away it is puposterous to even think of :)

I was going to go to Target but I decided I had had enough fun for one day. So now I am home and trying to take my mind off of all the things I want (have) to sew and make for Christmas. I love sewing!! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I was up and out too. I really didn't have anything on my list that I had to get. I introduced Black Friday to my SILs years ago and now it has become tradition. Although we all enjoy a nice trip to JoAnn's we didn't go Friday morning. We went at different times during the weekend and picked up the items we needed. I am glad you got what you needed. I would have given you my # as well. Ben was home patiently waiting for me to get home so he could get to work as well. Just think in a few more years maybe our boys will be able to stay and take care of the younger ones so we don't feel so rushed or guilty.

Alicia said...

I dream for the day Toby will be able to babysit. Although, I don't know how I would feel leaving him with ALL the kids. But not having to bring the little ones sometimes would really help. :)