Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Today we were driving in the car and the kids noticed that some people already had up Christmas lights. As we were talking about it they were asking if we were putting up lights. So as we were discussing it I asked them if they thought theri aunts and uncles were going to be putting up lights. When we got to Stephanie (who lives in my in-laws house while they are on a mission in England) I asked them if they thought that she was going to put up lights.

Without missing a beat Toby said, "she can't, she needs a man to do that." When I asked for a clairification, he told me that "she doesn't go on the roof only men do." Now I know for a fact that she has gone on the roof, and I wouldn't put it past her to put up the lights by herself. But, I got a really good chuckle thinking about gender rolls that the kids are already learning. I don't know if it is because of me, but it probably is. When it comes down to it I think it's good he knows that men have thier jobs they have to do around the house. His future wife whould be thanking me. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I didn't put up lights this year - I don't have the time. I did go on the roof - I cleaned the storm drains out on Tuesday.

Tell Toby he can't comment on me "needing a man" until HE goes on the roof.