O.k. We just got home from school. I have been trying to walk to school at least once a day. It seems like the little trips are what kills my gas mileage. With gas prices so high and it costing $75.00 to fill up my car. I am trying all I can to conserve.
So our mornings are usually pretty hectic. They shouldn't be now that I only have to take one kids to school, but they still are. So I usually end up rushing Abby to school. Now the challenge is coming home. It is still really hot in the afternoon, so I don't like to walk home for that reason. Today I thought oh it's not hot we'll walk. Sometimes by the time I get everyone in the car and over there it takes just as long as it would have to walk. Everything was fine until we got there. We had to walk up the hill to school and by the time I got to the front I was totally hot (and not in a good way) :)
So I had taken snacks for Abby because she is always hungry right after school. They were not to her satisfaction. And she cried the whole way home about how her legs hurt and it was too hot for her!! I kept telling her to calm down and look for pretty flowers or enjoy the bushes and trees. This did not work. Needless to say we need to get moving faster in the morning, because they enjoy walking to school. But would sooner die than walk home!
No comments:
Post a Comment