So we are in the middle of our birthday season in our family. Josh has a birthday in June, James-July, Jamie and Tyler-August, Me, Toby and Abby-October. We have a Anniversary and other birthday's in the middle of all this too. So I have thinking alot about birthdays and Birthday Parties lately. I was thinking, I don't think that I have had a real honest to goodness birthday party since I was 16! I have celebrated my birthday, even gone out to lunch with friends and on dates, etc. But I haven't had a party where I invited all my friends, played games, have cake, and pass out favors for myself since 16. Weird huh?
I give my kids a party almost every year. Some of them are bigger than others. Some are very quaint. I think that I should have a party. But then comes the question of who to invite and where to have it that will be big enough. So I probably won't have one. But I was trying to convince Toby and Abby not to have a big party this year. October is so busy and there is just no time it seems like. But now that I think that half of my life I haven't had a party, I think that they have to have parties as long as they want them, because there will inevitably come a time when they just won't have one. :( It's sad to think of. Sometimes I'm just proud of myself for letting them make it to their birthday. Other years I am amazed at how much they have grown. The time goes by so fast.
If it is any concellation I have had 3 (I think) bridal showers, and 8 baby showers (2 of which were a total surprise). So I have not been lacking for parties for the last 16 years. There has just been an absence of Birthday Parties. Maybe sometime in the next 16 years I'll have one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment