The kids get sick occasionally. Obviously with 7 people in our family things get passed around. Usually the kids get it first then they pass it along to me when they are all done. Which I think really stinks, because they lay on the couch and sleep generally just take it easy. Then by the time I get it they have all this energy that they need to spend and I'm the one on the couch wanting a nap and not getting one. It's just not fair, but it's what being a mom is all about. I usually just suck it up and just try to get rest when I can.
This year something weird has happened. Just as school started last week, Josh and Abby had a little cough. It was just a cough, no fever or runny noses. So I thought little of it. Then I got the cough, and a fever. I am coaching soccer and the season is just getting started so I went to a coaching clinic for 3 1/2 hours last Sat. I thought I would just go and sit and they would tell me how to coach. Instead they had some professional players from the UK come and train us. They made us run drills the whole time. I felt like I was going to pass out. I was so hopped up on Dayquil, cough drops and Tylenol I didn't know if the ball was coming or going. I came home and took a nap, went to the doctor and they said it was Bronchitis.
I'm usually not the greatest at taking medications, I just forget. But I felt so awful all week I religiously took the medicine. By Thursday night, I was still not feeling any better and I could actually hear myself wheezing. So I went to the doctor again to find out that I had pnemonia. James went crazy. He was so mad that it had gotten worse, that he employed spies in my own house. He told the kids to call him if I wasn't resting. A friend from church took Josh for the day, and my dad took Jamie with him to run errands. I tried to get the boys to get all of their school work done, Tyler finished, Toby did not. But I stayed on the couch/bed all day long. One day was enough for me. Now Saturday day 2 in bed. I am at the breaking point, I've taken enough naps that I can't sleep, but I can't get out of bed either. I am totally weak, carrying Jamie is the most I can do and I almost had Toby carry her up the stairs for me. I hope that I get better soon. Because I am sick of being sick.
On a positive note, I don't know what I would do without my mom, because she is totally taking care of the kids (even taking them to soccer games) and doing my laundry!!! She is going to need a week away after all this. There should be a law that mom's with little kids can only be sick 1 maybe 2 days!!
3 comments:
Yuck...I hope you get well soon Alicia. What a pain. Aren't moms great though? I don't know what I'd do without my mom close by. Hang in there!!
I hope your antibiotic is working this time! Don't let those cute spies see you :).
I'm so glad your parents are there to help out. You said your mom has been taking the kids to soccer, but has she been coaching for you as well?
Thankfully I have 2 very capable assistant coaches. They are definately more qualified than I am. But as luck would have it they don't want to be coach. So mom is just taking them to games and cheering them on. :)
Post a Comment