Friday, September 9, 2011

Vacation #3 Grant Grove and Moro Rock

The next day we went to Grant Grove and Moro Rock. The drive to Grant Grove was a little over an hour from where we were staying. It was another beautiful drive. Along the drive you leave Sequoia National Park and enter the Sequoia National Forest, and then back into the Park again. This is a picture from one of the lookouts. Absolutely breathtaking. You can't see anything man made at all, it is mountains for all to see. The kids hiked down a little to see the view with Eric, it was nice to stretch our legs.

In Grant Grove there were two trees that had fallen down and you could walk through them. The kids had so much fun running through them. They made up a little song that was very obnoxious as a parent, but also sadly catching.



walking in the tree. :)

General Grant. It's either the biggest tree or the heaviest tree. Either way it's pretty cool. The trail that you take to get there is amazing, such beautiful trees. We don't have many trees here in Los Angeles, so it was so fun to be in such a naturally beautiful place.


Let me just say I have some goofy kids, even if one of these kids isn't mine!

After Grant Grove we went to Moro Rock. It is a hike that consists of 400 stairs. My kids decided to count them, I thought I was going to die. I didn't want to know how many we had done, I just wanted to focus on getting there, it was another steep hike, but well worth it. With a breathtaking 360 degree views it is awesome!


Eric and Bryce Eckstrom


Our Family: Tyler, Toby, Abby, Me, Jamie, James, John and Josh.

Josh at the top. Look at those crazy people that climbed onto the other side of the bar! It's a pretty steep drop they are ridiculus!

Abby at the Top. She loved the hike it was super easy for her.

Jamie, She can be such a ham.

Toby! Opps, I didn't realize I got one where he wasn't looking! Isn't the view amazing!

Tyler with another great view.

Tyler, James and John. John had heat stroke that night. I'm pretty sure this is where it started. He was not a happy camper here or for the rest of the night. Thankfully he was feeling better in the morning.

The hike down, there were some narrow rocks. We had a wonderful vacation, it was our first time camping as a family. We definately had a few bumps along the way, but we will definately do it again. I still believe we can do anything, as long as we do it together.



No comments: