Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

Jamie started Preschool this year. She was so excited, I have to admit I was a little excited too. To only have one kid at home I was planning so much to do while she was gone! It was gonna be great! I had some PTO stuff to get done before we took her to school, so I totally didn't get any pics taken the morning of the first day, plus we were a couple minutes late. I hate that! Whenever I start my day out late I feel like the whole rest of the day goes bad and I'm running late to everything.

So we had our first board meeting before the first PTO meeting of the year. It went well, we got all the wrinkles smoothed out and then I looked at the clock, it was 11:54!! 6 minutes to get me and John to preschool 10 minutes away!!
So we got in the car and rushed to school, ran up the hill and was the last one there!!! UGH! not good thankfully Jamie didn't seem to care! There is a flight of stairs and a ramp and the kids wanted to take the stairs.

Well we took the stairs and I missed the last one, fell down and broke my ankle! It was super embarrassing, there were some mom that helped me out and all the preschool teachers came to investigate. Jamie's teacher even followed us home and helped me get the kids in. She was very sweet.

In the days that followed I have been (and continue to be) blessed with an outpouring of love and help. We had dinner brought in every night last week, and someone was here to help me with kids, they even helped with laundry and dishes. I feel so greatful to have people in my life that are willing to hlep me in my time of need. I can't drive for 6 weeks so this story is not over and I still have lots of people helping drive me to doctor appoinments, taking the kids to soccer, to and from school and preschool. It is really frustrating to be stranded, but at the same time I am so very thankful to know that I have friends willing to help.

No comments: