Last night as James and I were going to bed I looked at the clock...10:30pm. On New Years eve we went to bed at 12:30, on the first we went to bed at 11:30, and now on the 2nd 10:30. I thought it was funny that we keep going to sleep an hour earlier each night. Now this morning in retrospect I am so thankful we went to bed so early.
Most nights we have a visitor of some sort in our bed. Ususallly it's Abby or Joshua. I am so deep in sleep that I don't even hear or feel them come into bed. But when I do feel them (usually kicking me in the back, or pulling my hair), I kick them out. So when I felt Abby kicking me in the back at 3:00am I told her she had two options...sleep on the couch or go to her bed. She decided that she would sleep on the couch (in my room). That was the last time I really slept last night! About 45 minutes later, she came to me and told me that her blanket was ripped and I needed to sew it right now. I told her I would do it in the morning but not now in the middle of the night. She finally accepted that and went into her room. At 4:15am she brought Jamie into me and told me that Jamie was awake. When I looked down the hall she had her light on in her room and she was playing. I was not prepared to spend the day with a girl that was so crabby because she woke up at 4 in the morning. Let me make a slight side track. Abby is definately a morning person. She is the happiest and the most obedient in the morning, consequently the evenings are terrible. Sometimes I have to send her to bed at 6:30pm because she is so tired. Last night she went to bed at 7:00 so she definately should not be up at 4. Also when we moved into our house the previous owners had the lock turned around so we could lock her in her room (they didn't do it for us, it was just how it was) and because someone had remodled the light switch is outside of her room. So we can lock her in her room and turn off the light and she can't turn it on. When the boys were little we would lock the door just till they fell asleep, but they would turn on the light in their room and play. So we had to take the nob off the light so, but that was not a great idea, because they would watch us and long story short we would loose the knob quite frequently. So when we moved here and the light switch was on the outside it was great. We don't lock the door anymore, but when we did lock her in it was really only for 5 minutes and I would stay upstairs to make sure she didn't need the bathroom and nothing happened to her. But she is really good now about going to sleep, the best one we have actually. So to get back to last night. She would not get into bed at what was it 4 in the morning. So I could not handle it any more, so I turned off her light, locked the door and went to bed, with Jamie, James, and now Josh in it. Jamie was thrashing all over the place. She kept standing up and body slamming me, I couldn't sleep at all. Then at 4:30 I hear Abby say she has to go to the bathroom, so I open the door and stood outside the bathroom. I didn't hear much noise in there so I knew she was just trying to get out of having the door locked. When she came out 5 minutes later she asked me why I was waiting for her. I told her I wanted to tuck her into bed. She would not get in!! She absolutely refused. So I had to lock it again, I really hate locking it, I wish she had self control so I didn't have to, but at that time of the morning I have little patience with kids that don't want to sleep. So I went back to my bed. At 5:15am after quite a few more takles and head butts from a 17 month old baby, I took Jamie back to her crib. I think Abby was asleep so I left the door unlocked. At 5:45 James alarm started going off, so he could get to a 7:30 mtg. I had a chiro appt at 8. So I tried to sleep for a little more, but when I woke up at 7 I woke up to Josh kicking me in the back! Good thing I was going to the chiropractor :) Today I will definately need a nap. It's 9 in the morning and I'm already tired. What a night. Sometimes it's just impossible to sleep.
1 comment:
Hi Alicia,i was wondering if you can invite me to Tyler's blog. but don't worry, for me you don't have to be invited. go check out my blog. oh sorry, it's me Jackie Dorman. well see you soon!bye!
Post a Comment