Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Very Own Christmas Miracle

Okay, I've been meaning to write about this for a while, but I have been so busy, that I haven't had much time. But we have had our very own Christmas miracle here in our house this year, and I would be very ungreateful if I didn't shout my blessings from the rooftops.

We moved into our house a little over 5 years ago when it was just the 6 of us. Since then we have had 2 children and my parents have moved in. Now there are 10 of us. When we bought this house it was at the height of the market. With the housing market crisis, we would have to stay in this townhome for a very long time. So we are walking away and starting over. We have been looking all summer for a house, with no success. Either I would call for an appointment and the would rent it before I was able to get in , or it was in the wrong area, or it was too small, or they didn't want 10 people living in their house. And then we found out we needed to be out in 3 weeks! Which wouldn't be so bad except there are not very many houses in the area we wnat to live in that would be suitable for us. And the ones that we kept finding were not working out. So we did the only thing we could think of and handed it over to the Lord. I had faith that not only would He lead us to the right house but that He would also soften the hearts of the owners to let us live there. The first house I found that was a real option for us had a death in their business, and it took forever for them to get back to us and tell us that it was a no. Thankfully when I figured it would take them a while to hear back from them I called a Real Estate agent to see if she knew of something I didn't know of...She didn't...I was very dissapointed. There were two houses that I was curious about though, the problem was that they weren't in our ward, they were in the San Pedro ward. I just got a new calling a month ago and I thought there was no way we were supposed to be in the other ward, if I had just recieved this calling.

But we kept praying and packing and looking for houses on the internet. As it turns out not too many people put their houses on the market right before Christmas, so we were getting down to the wire, and we go to see this house on a Friday. And it was perfect. Everything we wanted and needed in a house and more. So the agent e-mailed me the application. They needed one from all adults over 18 which means she needed 4, she wanted a couple of other things too, it was Friday, I had it ready at about noon on Sat. I called her and e-mailed her but I guess she was done working so I waited till Monday. Still packing, still praying that we would find a house the clock ticking till we needed to be out of the house. Monday morning first thing I handed over the app, and she told me that the other real estate agent was out of the country till Friday afternoon. I was so frustrated now I had a week of not knowing and then I still had to keep looking for a place. So I did, one day I saw three places, one of them might have worked for us but it was 300 sq ft less than our town home. It make me sad. I kept praying and packing. Saturday afternoon I heard back from the agent that we got the place, and that we could be in by the Monday before Christmas. I was so happy, this means we can have Christmas together in our new home. It is so perfect for us, it has a nice back yard, a big living room with a view of Catalina Island, one of the most gorgeous kitchens I've been in. And probably the best thing is an apartment for my parents. I think (know) they get tired of constantly being on top of us, so it is so nice that they can have their own room that the kids can't just walk into. They have a living room, kitchenette, dining area and a bedroom and bathroom. It will be wonderful for them especially since they have a storage unit full of stuff to put into it, that we have been trying to get them to get rid of for a long time. Not only did Heavenly Father hear our prayers He gave us something we didn't even know to ask for. I feel so blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father that looks out for us and provides for us and has pity on us in our hour of need.

Our Christmas miracle is simple, it's that we will have a Christmas in our own home together. Something that wasn't easy but it will be so worth it.

1 comment:

dolpheroome said...

And the miracles continue. Not only do I verify what Alicia has reported but I feel impressed to add another gigantic blessing. While packing for our move I needed to get things out from under the bathroom sink lavatory. Being not able to bend very well Alicia sent little Johnny in to help me comsidering he loves to pull things out from any and all the low cabinets. As a further incentive she put a couple of Christmas candies on the Dining Room table for him to get after he completed the job. Johnny was a big help and he went and got his treat. I completed the job at hand and got ready to go out and start my errands. Just as I was ready to leave I heard Alicia asking Johnny what was wrong.....next thing I saw was Alicia picking up Jonhnny, turning him. On his stomich and start hiting him on his back. The first few hits did nothing. And I couldn't think of why she was hitting him. She started again and out came 2 red hard candy balls, when they hit the floor she told him to lspit up the other ball and a split second later out. Came the third ball, in 2 pieces and he started to breath again.

What a blessing that was, thank Father in Heaven for a vigilant mother who many years ago took and remembered life saving techniques when she taught swiming in Cary Illinois.

I took little Johnny in our room and held him for a while to settle him down and all so my self down, while Mommy. Went back to work getting ready for moving day.

Another blessing for our family. A truly grateful Grandfather. Dolphe Roome