Our new house is wonderful, I will post pics soon. I have been super busy for the last two weeks planning a Luncheon at school. Naturally I got sick...The only think is it wasn't just me four of the kids got sick too, Tyler, Josh, Jamie, and John. It's kinda nasty, a high fever for 4 days and a bad cough. I just thought it was a virus and would run it's course, but today my friend took her daughter to the dr who got sick after being around us, and she has strep throat...Since my kids are doing a little better but not back to full strength I thought I need to take them to the dr. to make sure we don't have strep running around our house. So I picked up Tyler from school early and took the other kids to the dr. Just me and 5 kids.
I should have know it was going to be an interesting afternoon just from that alone. When I got out of the car my hands were full and the door slipped out of my hands and hit the car next to me. At the same time my alarm started going off (I must have tripped it in my purse). It looked like a little paint transfer, but not a scratch, so I went to the back of the car to get the stroller, then the lady (that had been sitting in the car) came to tell me about how I scratched her car. I tried to explain to her that I thought it was just a little paint transfer, it took a couple minutes but she calmed down. So we went inside....
As soon as we sat down the kids started fighting. Not the little squabbles, no Jamie and Josh were climbing over each other wrestling and screaming at the top of their lungs. We moved our seats and they watched a movie. I thought everything was under control till Jamie said she had to go to the bathroom. I told Abby to go with her (as it was just on the other side of the wall in the room we were in and it was a single stall restroom). Seconds later Abby is back, alone....Upon asking her where Jamie was she told me that she was in the bathroom. I told her she needed to stay with her, and next time she needs to. Not two minutes later I hear a nurse banging on the bathroom door asking if everything is o.k....Jamie had pulled the emergency cord in the bathroom, awesome.
The cord that makes all the sirens go crazy. Nice. I went to explain to the nurse that my 4 yr old daughter was in there. She kinda wasn't buying that Jamie was o.k. So I'm talking (kinda yelling cuz it's a thick door) through the door to get Jamie to open the door. But, she couldn't be bothered to, she was wiping! Oh my goodness, who is this crazy lady at the dr with 5 kids?!?! As Jamie wouldn't open the door the nurse had to sit there and wait for Jamie, but the alarm kept going, so literally 5 nurses came out to see what was wrong and why the alarm was still going off, what could be so bad!! So embarrasing! Jamie just comes sauntering out like nothing had happened.
Thankfully we went in for our appointment and didn't have to sit down and have everyone look at me like what an awesome mom you are. So we go in the room, see the dr and Jamie says to me "do they have stickers here?" The dr was all, "yeah we have stickers, you have been so good, I'll give you extra."!!!
That's right folks extra stickers for pulling the emergency cord in the bathroom.
The day didn't get much better, but now I'm sitting in bed just relaxing and I can laugh about my silly little girl, that isn't fazed by much!
No comments:
Post a Comment