Last year when we went on vacation we went on a huge road trip we got cookie sheets for the kids to use as tables in the car. In an effort to stay organized I took labels and wrote names on them, so everyone had their own stuff. I wrote Joshua on all of the things for Joshua. In Boise, Idaho we stopped to see the temple and when we were getting back in the car he started flipping out and yelling, "I don't want the u-a anymore!" We could not tell what he was talking about, it came out of nowhere, we just thought he was tired and was throwing a pointless tantrum. He proceeded to grab the cookie sheet and rip the label with his name on it off and throw it and say, "I do not want the u-a anymore!" Well we figured it out he wants to be called Josh and not Joshua. Naturally we thought it was just one of those things that we thought would blow over, but it has not. Everytime he sees his name in cursive he asks, "is this my name? Did they put the u-a on?" When they put the u-a on he reminds me that there is no u-a in his name and sometimes he rejects whatever it is. Sometimes I just call him u-a to get his attention, he just looks at me and reminds me of his name. It is the funniest little personality trait. If you ask him how to spell his name he will say it is, "J-o-s-h not u-a" it is hilarious. I wonder how long it will go on but it is pretty funny to watch in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment