We thought for a while that we were going to have Santa and the Tooth Fairy come on the same night. But Abby would not let that tooth go. It has been loose for a while and she has been playing with it. Today she was sucking her thumb and I was getting frustrated with her and put the chili powder on her thumb... When we had both calmed down I was talking with her I said let me feel your tooth, and I accidentally pulled some roots loose. By now it was just hanging on by a thread. The only way I could convince her to let me pull it out was to put anbesol on it and pull it out. It came out so easy. She was upset that there was blood but it stopped soon. She was so excited to put her tongue in the hole.
Later Aunt Bonnie told us that when she was growing up her parents told her that her tooth would come in gold if she didn't put her tongue in the hole. Abby asked it that was true and Aunt Bonnie said, "I don't know, I always put my tongue in the hole."
Here is Abby holding the same pillow I used for the Tooth Fairy when I was a little kid. I have a different one that the boys use. So this was really exciting for me.
2 comments:
Congratulations Abbey on losing your first tooth---Aww that is sweet Alicia, the girls get to use your pillow---
Savannah loved this picture. She just lost her first on Thanksgiving. Tis the season!
Post a Comment