Thursday, August 21, 2008

shampoo the carpet or shampoo on the carpet?

A few weeks ago I was doing the laundry and when I went upstairs I found that Abby and Josh had taken the spray sunblock and sprayed it on the carpet all the way down the hall and in their bedrooms. This fiasco was followed up by pee on the floor and poop in the shower. It was quite the day. Anyway a friend lent me her carpet cleaner to use as long as I needed since they no longer had carpet. (sounds good to me right now). Well it has been crazy and I haven't been able to shampoo the carpet yet, fast forward to Tuesday. We were getting ready to go to the beach with some friends who moved away and were coming back to visit and I was making lunch to take. The kids were all upstairs playing and I in my naive way thought oh the kids are playing so nicely upstairs. Ha Ha Ha! What was actually happening was that Toby and Tyler were watching tv on my bed and Abby and Joshua had gotten into the travel size shampoo bottle that I gave Tyler to use after swim practice. Not only did they have it but they were shampooing the stuffed animals and the blankets and the carpet. I was so frustrated when Tyler came running downstairs to tell me that his pooh bear had shampoo all over it, as did his bunk bed. I mean really now I have to clean this up too! Luckily James was home so he shampooed the carpets while we got ready to go to the beach. In case you were wondering hair shampoo on carpets is not a good thing!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh how it's nice to have clean carpets! (: Much nicer to be able to do it your way instead of the kids way! My SILs kids dumped liquid dishwasher detergent on their carpet. She tried to clean it and found out that the detergent contained bleach and now all the carpet in the front of their house has streaks of bleach running through it. ): So far our soap incidents have remained in the bathrooms.