Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Josh turns 5!


Josh is officially 5! He has been talking about it for months, finally the day arrived! When I woke him up he looked at his hand and told me he thought it was bigger now that he was 5. (His "foots too"). Traditionally we let the kids pick what they want to eat for breakfast and dinner. He picked waffles for dinner and pancakes for breakfast! He is so funny.


James made the pancakes in the shape of his name...he was only able to make it through J-O-S. He was too full for the "H". For a treat at school he wanted me to bring Snickerdoodles to school. As it turns out alot of kids haven't had snickerdoodles. I think it's because you have to make them from scratch, you can't really buy them premade, or even the dough, but we love them at our house.

They turned out good, but when I went to take them to school Josh got all clingy. (Which is not normal, but I thought maybe it was because he was getting so much attention). He kept telling me that he ate too many pancakes and his tummy hurt. So I told him to just relax. When we got home he didn't eat lunch, he laid down on the couch and fell asleep (which never happens). When he woke up he got into my bed and threw up all over it!! He didn't want to do much the rest of the day. Tyler had to help Josh open his presents because he was so weak.



He perked up a little when he saw a new lego star wars game. (we have it for the PS2, but he broke the console 6 months ago, so we've had a big break from the game).
About 2 minutes after he opened all the presents he threw up again. (right while we were eating dinner) While James and I were trying to clean up him and the mess, about 3 kids almost got sent upstairs for all the comments. I felt so bad that Josh was feeling so crummy for his birthday. While we were eating we let Josh start playing the game, he was in heaven. It was the first time he had smiled since I dropped him off at school that morning! Star Wars makes him so happy.

Today he is feeling better and keeping down food. I let him play lego star wars this morning for longer than I will admit to, but he was sick on his birthday, so I felt so bad for him. He is a good boy that is a kind and loving brother. He was so positive even while he was feeling yucky he still told me it was a great day. Everyday after school when he sees Jamie he runs up to her and says, "HI Jamie, I missed you sooo much!!!" and then gives her a big hug. How can you complain about a kid like that.
Happy birthday sweet Joshie Bear, we love you!


No comments: