Friday, February 5, 2010

It's not what I thought!

The other night I told Tyler to go to bed. Iwent upstairs about 15 minutes later to find him in his closet reading the Dictionary. I was a little surprised, but I actually thought "how studious" he was. I told him it was time for bed and stayed in the room to make sure he got right into bed as he was changing into his jammies this is the conversation we had:



Tyler: "Mom did Satan invent swear words?"

Me: "Yeah, he did."

T: "Then why are they all in the Dictionary Mom?"

Me: (thinking oh great THAT's what he was JUST reading) "well they are words that have other meanings sometimes"

T: "Yeah do you know what an A is ...it's a donkey. Do you know what a JA is? It's a male donkey. Do you know what a female dog is!!!!!

Me: Alright Tyler that's enough I know what all the meanings are.

Toby: (pipeing up from his bed) I love beaver DAM'S!! beaver DAM'S, DAM'S, DAM'S

Me: Toby that is not appropriate!

Tyler: What do beaver's make Mom?

Me: Haha Tyler you are so funny it's time for bed now.

Toby: Beaver DAM'S are cool.

Me: Guess who's not going to be playing video games tomorrow?

Silence

My second story is about Joshua:

It is raining today, a rare occasion for Southern California. When I went to pick up Josh from preschool today he just had a jacket on with no hood. So I was trying to carry the umbrella for both of us. Josh REALLY wanted to hold the umbrella. He kept trying to take it from me, but with the height difference I didn't really want him to hold it because he couldn't hold it high enough. He was persistant and told me, "I can hold it high enough!". So we were close to the car by now and I gave in, no sooner than we took 5 steps he ran ahead and yelled, "Just put up your hood MOM!" Here I was thinking he was trying to be so chivalrous, but no he just wanted the umbrella...that'll teach me next time! What am I going to do with these crazy boys?!

1 comment:

Kell said...

Ha! You just made me laugh so hard!!! Boys!