Sunday, April 15, 2012

It doesn't fit any more!

Jamie is a funny girl! She is 4 and has her own little qwerks about her. She won't wear a coat if she's wearing long sleeves. She wears her church shoes everywhere, without socks, they smell. :( I'll blog more about her later. I noticed her underwear was getting a little tight. So the other day we were shopping I saw underwear and had her pick some new ones out. When we got home she wanted to put on the new ones. I told her they needed to be washed first, and put them in the washing machine with the other whites. The thing you have to understand is that we have two washing machines and 1 dryer. That's a different story though. So I put jeans in the other washer at the same time. I went about my errands for the day. that night I made a judgement call, and put the jeans in the dryer and left the whites in the washer. As it turns out that was NOT a good call.

Jamie woke up the next morning, and I told her to get dressed, so she did what any 4 year old with new underwear would do. She stripped down, and grabbed all the old underwear, and walked into my room. Naked. Holding the now ill fitting underwear. It was then that I realized I should have put the whites in the dryer. I had totally forgotten then I bought the underwear (thank goodness I have her to remind me).

When I informed her that she needed to wear her old underwear one more day she completely lost it. She threw them on the floor in the hall (see picture) and declared them ALL unwearable. None of them were acceptable. Mind you she never said anything to me about them not fitting before I bought them. I caught her trying to put on pants with no underwear on. Which was a great moment. Finally, I picked up "the biggest pair I could find" and stretched it so the stitches ripped a little. Which is when she informed me that I was not to rip them because she was planning on giving them away!! This girl is so used to hand me downs, she thought we would be handing down the underwear too!! Funny girl. I finally got her dressed in the old underwear, but don't worry she had the new ones on the next day!


1 comment:

t foust said...

What a funny girl!!